Chandra Sekhar has an extensive work experience of over 25 years and has played a significant role in the Health Care and Health Insurance Industries in India. As the Chief Executive Officer of Apollo Health & Lifestyle (AHLL), the retail healthcare business of Apollo Hospitals Group, he leads eight business units – Apollo Clinics, Apollo Spectra, Apollo Cradle, Apollo Diagnostics, Apollo Sugar, Apollo White Dental, Apollo Dialysis and Apollo Fertility.
Prior to assuming the role of the CEO at AHLL, Chandra Sekhar was the President-Corporate & International, of the Apollo Hospitals Group, and was responsible for spearheading the Group’s various corporate initiatives and international Business. In his earlier work experience, he was also the Principal Consultant- Healthcare with ICICI Ventures and Executive Director at Global Hospitals Group. In an earlier stint with the Apollo Hospital Group, which Lasted nearly a decade, Chandra Sekhar held various positions in the group, which included Group President – Marketing of the entire group.
Chandra Sekhar has a deep experience in the Health Care Industry for over 18 years and has played a key role in the formation of a Standalone Health Insurance company in India, besides heading business development, marketing for hospital chains, supporting various projects including the development of a Third Party Administration (TPA) Company. He has a sound understanding of various other spaces in healthcare such as Hospital operations and projects, Primary care, Wellness, Disease Management etc.
He has travelled widely for business development and strategic partnerships across India, SAARC, MENA regions, Europe, USA & UK.
He also has a strong academic background with an MBA from Osmania University, Hyderabad, India and Advanced Management Programs from the Indian School of Business and the Kellogg’s School of Management, Chicago, USA.
- Mr. Anand Wasker comes with 18 years of experience across Banking, Telecom and Healthcare sectors
- Educational Qualification – MBA from University of Pune and B.Com from Ness Wadia College of Commerce, Pune
- Prior Experience –
- Associated with Suburban Diagnostics India Private Limited, Mumbai as Chief Operating Officer
- Prior to Suburban, was associated with ICICI Bank Ltd, Reliance Infocomm and Idea Cellular in various capacities
- Mr. Ravindra Kumar has nearly 15 Years of experience across industries and currently heads the diagnostics division of AHLL
- Educational Qualification –B.Com (Hons) from St Xavier College, PGDSCM (Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management) from IMT Ghaziabad and MBA from Asia Pacific Institute of Management – Delhi in Marketing & International Business
- Prior Experience –
- Multiple roles in Dr Lal Pathlabs and responsible for managing and growing supply chain and retail business operations for Dr Lal Pathalbs
- Worked in multiple roles in GE Money and DTDC Courier & Cargo
- Mr. Mukesh Sabharwal has over 3 decades of work experience in healthcare industry
- Heads Apollo Specialty Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.(Apollo Spectra)- India’s leading multispecialty hospitals
- Educational Qualification – BSc (Physics and Biology) from University of Indore and Diploma in Marketing from Devi Ahilya University, Indore
- Prior Experience –
- VP Strategy, Vasan Healthcare. Credited with building Vasan’s business in North India
- National Head, Sales in Bausch & Lomb
- Worked in multiple roles in Medfort Hospitals
- Mr. Dhrumil Sorathia has over 18 years of experience across various industries, roles and countries. He comes with a diverse and deep experience in all parts of Healthcare value chain, having had stints in Pharmaceutical sales, marketing and business leadership roles with Novartis, Roche and J&J, and in Medical Devices with GE Healthcare.
Educational Qualification –
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Sciences from Gujarat University and MBA from Mumbai University with specialization in Strategy and Marketing & Advanced Strategic Marketing course from INSEAD.
Prior Experience –
- Prior to joining Apollo, he was associated with Rainbow Children’s Hospital as Group Head (President) – Sales, Marketing, Strategy and BD.
- Prior to that he was with Johnson and Johnson as Business Unit Head for Oncology and Nephrology business units for South Asia region.
- He has spent over 12 years in the pharmaceutical industry, in sales and marketing leadership roles in Novartis and Roche Pharmaceuticals. He is credited with having built India’s largest specialty oncology franchisee with brands Herceptin and Avastin.
- In GE Healthcare, he was leading the Asia Pacific regional strategy and marketing function for GE’s MRI & Oncology business (> USD 1 Billion in 18+ countries)
- Gagan is a business leader with 16 years of professional management experience in Healthcare and Health Insurance
- Gagan has been recognized by Economic Times (India’s #1 business daily) in “India’s Top 40 Under 40” – a list of top CXOs active in corporate India
- Educational Qualification – B.Tech from IIT Bombay, MS from Vanderbilt University and MBA (Finance & Healthcare) from INSEAD / The Wharton School
- Prior Experience –
- Director, Strategy & Healthcare Operations at Max Bupa
- Gagan was with Aetna (a Fortune 100 company) as Global Managing Director, Strategy and Corporate Development. In this capacity, he led Aetna’s expansion into China & India, and Aetna’s USD 7 Bn Coventry acquisition to expand into Medicare.
- Mr. Sanjay Kulkarni has nearly 25 years of professional experience and has led infrastructure development projects & non-medical support services of large tertiary care Hospitals
- He comes with a strong techno-commercial Skills with proven experience from conceptualisation to operationalization of healthcare projects
- His projects have been recognised & have won awards from State Govt and Local Govt of Madhya Pradesh & Indore respectively
- Educational Qualification – BE (Industrial and Production Engineering)
- Prior Experience – Led projects function for Bombay Hospital & Hinduja Hospital and has contributed & delivered projects valuing more than INR 6,000 Mn in both green field & brown field categories
- Mr. Kalyan Pothina has over 18 years of experience in Healthcare & Logistics. Mr. Kalyan Pothina has the ability to set up strong systems, processes and controls to build the organization and the scale in established set-ups. Expertise in high value negotiations, contract management, commercial modeling to establish robust supply base on one hand and complex demand planning, inventory management.
- Educational Qualification – CA (Inter) – ICAI,1999 & B.Com from Andhra University, 1995
- Prior Experience –
- Yashoda Hospitals/Associated Road Carriers. He has been instrumental in Yashoda expansion, IT transformation, enhanced Operational excellence. Proven for building, leading & retaining superior delivery team of self-motivated staff.
- Healthcare management professional with over 11 years of experience in hospitals, ambulatory care clinics, healthcare IT and consultancy projects
- Experience in leading the successful completion of real time 29 JCI and 20 NABH surveys at various hospitals
- Championed special cost efficiency, revenue generation and process improvement projects across all the departments in hospitals
- Additional responsibility of being the Group Coordinator for Quality Systems for Apollo Group of Hospitals and is a JCI auditor
- Educational Qualification – MBA from Hult International Business School, US and MHA from Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration
Asim comes with 15+ years’ experience in leadership roles in IT product, Services, Healthcare and Semiconductor organizations. He joins AHLL from Callidus Cloud where he was working as Head Human Resources function for India operations. In his former role Asim was able to assist US leadership with setting up of an offshore centre at India from scratch, build India leadership teams and in turn help roll out services, support and software products in a record time from India. He has driven change management, critical business transformations like M&A, consolidation and led a built operate transfer as part of entity formation in last role – while supporting APAC operations. Prior to his past organisation, Asim has worked as General Manager for Accenture India at Bangalore and HR Leader for Syntel Inc. at Pune. Asim has also been with investor driven start-ups heading HR for India and South East Asia in earlier part of corporate career.
He cherishes his 6 years’ experience as an officer of XI Gorkha Rifle (GR) Regiment of the Indian Army. During this period he was posted mostly in field and held various appointments including command of large / specialised teams. He was selected on merit for National Security Guards (NSG) comprising of Elite Black Cat Commandos of the country while in Indian Army. Asim is an alumnus of IIM, Bangalore and has completed his PGD in HRD.
Dr Ajay Gangoli comes with 28+ years’ experience in various clinical and leadership roles in Healthcare organizations. In his last assignment, he was the Director – Medical & Clinic Operations at Express Clinics, a joint venture with Davita Inc. In his previous assignments, he has served with Jaslok Hospital, Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital and Asian Heart Institute at Mumbai after serving for over two decades in the Indian Army.
In his last few organizations, he has been involved in operational management, accreditation, HMIS and recruitment activities. He has had a lot of exposure in disaster management at the ground level and at the planning levels in the Army and been involved in organizing major events like the Commonwealth Youth Games and the World Military Games as well as provision of healthcare in a foreign country.
He has done his MBBS from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune and has done his Masters in Hospital Administration and Masters in Business Administration and a fellowship in Healthcare Management from Australia.
- Mr. Anubhav Prashant has over 14 Years of experience across industries and heads Maternity & Fertility division of AHLL
- Educational Qualification –B.E from BIT, Mesra Ranchi (1st Class with Distinction) and a MBA from ISB, Hyderabad in Finance & Marketing
- Prior Experience –
- Multiple roles in Fortis Healthcare managing Mergers & Acquisitions and Post Merger Integration strategy and Business Planning
- Healthcare Consulting work with PE funded hospitals and Boutique Advisory Firms
- Business & IT Consultancy with TCS