- Mr. M.B.N. Rao has over 47 years of experience, including over 10 years of overseas working experience, and extensive in-depth knowledge in Senior Management, Banking and Finance, Investments, Project Finance, Economics, Foreign Exchange, Money and Capital Markets, Risk Management, Treasury and Funds Management, Asset and Liability Management, Internal Control, Inspection & Audit, Vigilance, Taxation and Administration etc.
- Educational Qualification
- He holds two Diplomas in Computer Studies from University of Cambridge and NationalComputing Centre, London and Certificate in Industrial Finance.
- Mr. M.B.N. Rao, former Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Bank and Canara Bank,is a Graduate in Agriculture, an associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, London, Fellow Member of the Indian Institute of Bankers and Member of the Singapore Institute of Management.
- Mr. M.B.N. Rao was the Chairman of the Indian Banks Association. Mr. Rao was also Chairman of Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd, Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Co. Ltd and Canara Robeco Asset Management Co. Ltd.
- He was the chairman of Advisory Panel on Financial Stability Analysis and Stress Testing formed by Committee on Financial Sector Assessment – constituted by GOI and RBI, and was member of “Committee on Financial Inclusion” headed by Dr. Rangarajan. He was also on the Board of TIDEL Park Chennai and Governing Council of the Institute for
Development and Research in Banking Technology [IDRBT]. He was a member in a number of policy level committees formed by Government of India, RBI and SEBI.
- He has been associated as Member Board of Supervision National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development; Member, Board of Governors, National Institute Of Securities Markets, Director, Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Private Limited, Member, Corporate Governance and Audit Committee of The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd., India and Member of Committees National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
A member of the founding family, Ms. Sangita Reddy actively participated in the inception of Apollo Hospitals, and formally joined the Group in 1983. For almost two decades since then, Sangita Reddy, as Executive Director Operations has led the human resources portfolio, and her efforts have been central to the values of the Apollo culture. She has been pivotal in directing operations for the entire Apollo Hospitals Group and under her able stewardship Apollo Hospitals in Hyderabad has emerged as Asia’s first Health City – a model that also introduced multi-dimensional holistic healthcare in India.
In 2014, Sangita Reddy was elevated to the position of Joint Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited. She assumed greater organizational responsibilities which included creating an IT enabled patient centric operation across the Apollo footprint, and forging an unmatched continuum of care for patients.
Sangita Reddy has greatly influenced the development of the healthcare information technology industry in India, particularly with the global Healthcare IT Conferences that she had initiated in 2010. An ardent champion advocating the benefits of a global delivery model through rural hospitals, outreach camps, telemedicine and other such innovative models, Sangita Reddy has always been focused on the need to create healthcare of the future. She spearheaded the organization’s endeavours in the domain of telemedicine, e-health and mobile health and continues to head the IT functions across all divisions of the Group.
She is a member of the prestigious World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Digital Health which aims to advance the use, adoption and measurement of technology in health and healthcare, focusing on digital health. Sangita Reddy has been nominated by the Government of India as a Member of the Technology Development Board, Department of Science and Technology.
Underscoring Sangita Reddy’s versatile experience in healthcare, Strides Arcolab a global first generation, pharmaceutical company with business interests in differentiated pharma generics, branded generics, and bio-pharma has invited her on board as an Independent Director.
Sangita Reddy is the Chairperson of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industries) for the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, and she is also its National Head of Healthcare. She has been elected Member of the Steering Committee on Health for the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-2017) by the Planning Commission, Government of India.
Sangita Reddy is also a board member of Results for Development Institute, a non-profit international think tank. She is a member of the Gavi Advisory Council and Technology Development Board, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
In 1998, she received the ‘Young Manager of the Year’ award from the Hyderabad Management Association and in 2005-06 was awarded the Top Woman Entrepreneur in the Information and Communication Technology Sector. Sangita Reddy’s prowess in business and leadership has won her several accolades which include the ‘Hyderabad Women of the Decade Achievers’ award from ASSOCHAM Ladies League for ‘Excellence in Business and Healthcare’, and the ‘Successful Women Entrepreneur’ award given by the Chittoor NRI’s Organization, Dallas, Texas. In 2007, FICCI Ladies Organization, Hyderabad chapter awarded Ms. Reddy for her contribution to ‘Women Power & Entrepreneurship’.
Sangita Reddy was a member of the Rockefeller Working Group, where she focused on the private sector’s role in global healthcare. She is also a Director of AHIL, PCR Investments Limited, Apollo Health and Lifestyle, Apollo Mumbai Hospitals Limited, Medvarsity Online Limited, Family Health Plan and Apollo Health Resources Limited.
Sangita Reddy graduated in Science with Honours from the Women’s Christian College in Chennai, India. She has a post graduate degree, and done executive courses in Hospital Administration from Rutgers University, Harvard University and the NUS.
Instrumental in the growth of the group’s retail healthcare foray, Sangita leads Retail Health, which includes Health & Lifestyle under Apollo Health and Lifestyle Ltd., the company that runs Clinics, Cradles and other retail service formats.
Dr. Anupam Sibal joined Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi in 1997 as a Senior Pediatric Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist and established the division of pediatric gastroenterology and hepatology. He helped set up the first successful pediatric liver transplant program in India in 1998.
In 2003, Dr. Sibal was elevated to the position of Medical Director of Apollo Hospital, Delhi. He was appointed as the Group Medical Director of the Apollo Hospitals Group in 2005. Dr. Sibal is an Honorary Clinical Professor at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. He has more than ninety-five publications in medical literature, serves on the editorial board of three journals and has edited a text book of paediatric gastroenterology and hepatology.
In June 2005, he helped achieve the First International Accreditation of a hospital in India by Joint Commission International (JCI). He currently is a member, Asia – Pacific Advisory Council of JCI. He was appointed as the Vice President of Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (GAPIO) in January 2017.
He served as a member of the Institute Body (IB) of the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, (PGIMER) Chandigarh from 2009 – 2014.
Dr. Sibal is the author of “Is Your Child Ready to face the World?” Exploring the crux of parenting, this book asks and answers whether your child is ready to face the world. The book has become a national best seller.
He lectures extensively in India and overseas on healthcare, pediatrics, leadership and parenting.
Mr. Krishnan Akhileswaran, is the Group Chief Financial Officer of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd.
Part of the Senior Management team of the company, Krishnan is responsible for Financial strategy and Control, Growth and expansion strategies, Fund raising and Corporate Finance, Contract negotiations and strategic alliances, Business Finance, Costing, MIS, Accounting and consolidation and Investor Relations.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and a Master’s degree in Management in Finance, both from the Bombay University. He is also a qualified Management Accountant and Certified Treasury Manager. He brings the necessary leadership presence to operate successfully at the executive level and ability to act as a credible advocate for Business internally and externally.
He joined the board of AHLL in the year 2015.
Mr. Arun Rai is the Regents’ Professor of the University System of Georgia and J. Mack Robinson Chair at the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. He has served on the faculty at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale and has held visiting appointments at leading universities in Australia, France, Germany, and Hong Kong. He co-founded the Robinson College of Business’ Center for Process Innovation (CEPRIN), an interdisciplinary research center that promotes industry-university partnerships. He was appointed Regents’ Professor in 2006 by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia for outstanding contributions in research, teaching, and service. He was named Fellow of the Association for Information Systems in 2010 for outstanding contributions to the Information Systems discipline in research, teaching and service and received the INFORMS Information Systems Society Distinguished Fellow Award in 2014 for outstanding intellectual contributions to the Information Systems discipline.
Mr. Ch G. Krishna Murthy is an Independent Director on the AHLL Board. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Masters degree in Arts and a LLB Degree.
He has been a member, Law Commission India and has served on the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal in various capacities including President. He has also been a chairman of the Oil Selection Board, Ministry of Petroleum for the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa. He was also a practicing chartered accountant.
He is a member of the Governing Council of the International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR), a member of the General Council of the National Academy of Legal Studies and Research Univerity, a Chairman of the Chinmaya Vidyala and a member of the Chinmaya Seva Trust.
Mr. Adam Sack joined IFC in 2001 in Vietnam and has worked in Asia ever since, joining IFC’s Asset Management Company as a Principal in 2015. He relocated to Singapore with AMC from Colombo, where he was the Country Manager for Sri Lanka and Maldives.
From 2007 to 2011, Adam was the Country Manager for Indonesia and prior to that, he lived and worked in Vietnam and Cambodia running IFC’s Advisory programs in the Mekong. Adam started his career at J.P. Morgan in London in M&A and structured finance and left with two colleagues to start a European private equity fund in the early 1990s.
Adam has an MSc in development studies and a BA in philosophy, politics and economics from Oxford University.
Adam joined AHLL’s Board in the year 2016.
- Mr.Ellena Guy has over 30 years of experience in policy reforms, investment and finance in emerging markets. Strong leadership, management, communication and negotiation skills at highest corporate and government levels. Unique know-how and hands-on expertise and practice in public and private healthcare in emerging economies.
- Director – Global Corporate Coverage:
- Senior Client Relationship with 20+ global Health and Education Corporates
- Member of Istanbul Operating Center (IOC) Management Team
- Director – Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services Europe, Central Asia, Middle East and North Africa:
- Responsible for delivering $1.2-1.4bn yearly investment program and managing $4.5bn portfolio
- Led team of 70+ investment staff
- Member of Istanbul Operating Center (IOC) Management Team
- Education Qualification:
- Doctorate in Health Economics (abd) -Aix-Marseille University
- Advanced Studies Degree (DEA) in Health Economics
- Master in Economics – Economics/Econometrics
- Other Assignments:
- Ministry of Planning / French Ministry of cooperation
- Consultant / Researcher – Teaching Assistant
- French Ministry of cooperation
- French Ministry of Housing and Equipment
- Regional Government of Provence
- Aix-Marseille University
- Institute of National Planning